Friday, August 17, 2012

It pays to have a handyman in the house.


I can't be thankful enough for the work and effort that Eric puts into making our home beautiful. We bought our home as a foreclosure and it was pretty beat up. We have put so much time and money into making improvements, but with Eric's skills we have also saved a lot of money in labor costs.
 One of our latest improvements was the kid's bathroom. I have seriously hated this bathroom since we moved in. The walls were dirty white, there were areas on the walls that the paint was chipped off, the baseboards were not put on right, the flooring was ugly and there was discoloration throughout it and the vanity lights and mirrors were horrible. I know I am complaining, but we have been waiting 4 years to do something to this bathroom. We were involved in a group lawsuit with the builders due to many problems in the construction of the homes in our area. A lot of the problems was just not taking time to install things right that resulted in damage to the home. Our bathroom was one of the focus's for us. The toilet and construction of the flooring was done wrong that caused leaking in the floor. So our remodel had to wait until after the lawsuit was over.
 We have started the makeover with just basic painting and changing out the lighting and mirrors. Later we will work on the floors and the vanity.
 Eric the handyman did all the hard labor while I picked out all the accessories. We are a good match.

 I love this bathroom now and the theme fits with my little monsters that use it.

 One of the biggest projects that Eric has been working on is building a pergola. I have to admit that I had my doubts when Eric told me he wanted to build one this summer. He worked so hard at researching it, drawing out many diagrams, and doing the math. Eric spent many late nights cutting wood, painting, and the kids even tried to help on the weekends. The results are astonishing and gorgeous and we saved about $3,000. We now love to sit out under it in the evenings and watch the kids play.



Here is the finished projects. I love this handyman.